Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Learning Commons Librarian
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
DEPARTMENT:Learning Commons - Library
CATEGORY:Part-time Professional-Technical (25 Hours)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Develop and deliver reference services and information literacy instruction. Collaborate with faculty to integrate information literacy outcomes into the curriculum. Create or acquire resources to support information literacy, faculty instruction, and student learning. Coordinate and facilitate the adoption of Open Educational Resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a vision for library services that will promote information literacy skills in a diverse community of learners.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and academic administrators to develop programs and collections that support the college curriculum.
- Coordinate with College stakeholders to support the adoption of Open Educational Resources.
- Provide reference and information literacy instruction to students, faculty, and staff.
- Support activities related to the print and electronic collections, including selection, processing, weeding, promotion, and reporting.
- Market library resources and services to district patrons, students, faculty, and others.
- Support assessment of instructional services and learning outcomes, and implement changes for continuous improvement of instructional services.
- Contribute applicable statistics for reports required by College, state, and federal authorities.
- Research and adopt innovative practices related to library services and best practices.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work evenings as required.
Frequent and personal contact is made with all levels of College personnel, faculty, students, and outside organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
No supervision required.
ALA accredited master’s degree in library information science or library science, with at least two years of experience with reference services and information literacy instruction is required. Experience with creating online learning resources and working with a learning management system is desirable. Strong interpersonal skills are required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.