Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The Athletic Trainer, under the general direction of the Director of Athletics, will develop, coordinate and administer a comprehensive sports medical program for Sauk Valley Community College’s intercollegiate sports programs. The athletic trainer will also perform professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality comprehensive care for student-athletes through prevention, evaluation, care and treatment of injuries and illnesses, and assist with injury rehabilitation using established protocols for injury/illness referral, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play. (22% tort)
- Attend all home athletic contests as required for the purpose of providing training services prior to, during, and after events and games for both the home and visiting teams. (22% tort)
- Conduct regular office hours, providing services to student-athletes prior to, during and following practices. (22% tort)
- Ensure that all documentation is complete to ensure compliance with all NJCAA regulations. (3% tort)
- Manage and arrange (when needed) physicals for student-athletes and teams. (2% tort)
- Maintain medical records of injuries, treatment and care. (8% tort)
- Provide a comprehensive Concussion Protocol. (3% tort)
- Work directly with Sauk Valley Community College’s athletic insurance provider. (2% tort)
- Oversee and maintain athletic training room and equipment. (3% tort)
- Communicate regularly with athletic/coaching staff regarding care and treatment of injuries. (3% tort)
- Instruct 1-2 sections of PED 213 (First Aid) per semester or other coursework (credit or non-credit) as assigned, including virtually or remote offerings, as deemed necessary by the administration.
- Provide coverage for the Sauk Valley Community College Fitness Center.
- Serve as Home Event Administration at athletic contests when Athletic Director is not present.
- Involvement in college wellness events, become a member or the Wellness Committee and participate in any college wellness initiatives.
- Provide workshops or other initiatives to increase campus support of students (e.g., CPR Training).
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with colleagues and community members in person and by phone and by email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to department personnel, institution, local community areas, and Board of Trustees as required.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with student-athletes, athletic staff, and various levels of College personnel in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Board Certified (BOC) as an Athletic Trainer, eligible for State of Illinois athletic training licensure, current CPR/AED, valid driver’s license, and a Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field are required. Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field and prior experience as an athletic trainer or graduate assistant is preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.