Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
Dean of Health Professions
CATEGORY:Full-time Faculty (9 month)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Reference SVCC organizational chart for immediate supervisor. To be cognizant of the philosophy and objectives of the College and in using them as guidelines in planning, structuring, and teaching courses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and promote the philosophy and mission of this learning college, using them as guidelines in decision making.
- Assume responsibility, as a staff member of Sauk Valley Community College, for accomplishing the goals and objectives of the College.
- Participate in the established college-wide process for assessing student learning, which includes generating and sharing classroom assessment data.
- Regularly assess student learning in the classroom and adapt instruction accordingly.
- In accordance with the College-wide strategic planning process, regularly review the need for courses, programs, and other curriculum changes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in the field of instruction.
- Care for the equipment and property under his/her assigned jurisdiction.
- Report to the appropriate supervisor when equipment or facilities need attention.
- Prepare reports upon request by the appropriate supervisor and fulfill departmental responsibilities.
- Keep an accurate grade, attendance, and student progress records for each student, and turn in the records to the office of admissions and records and the appropriate supervisor as requested at the close of each semester. For students in jeopardy of failing, records will be submitted at the end of the fourth, eighth, and twelfth week of each semester. Further, administration may request records for specific students at other times during the semester if the student has been identified in jeopardy of failing in one or more courses.
- Notify the appropriate supervisor promptly in case regularly assigned duties cannot be performed.
- Attend all division/program/area meetings, faculty discussion hours (forums), committee meetings, and other meetings for which he/she has a professional responsibility.
- Establish, post, and keep office hours available for student conferences at times convenient for students.
- Advise students when appropriate.
- Cooperate with the counseling staff on student problems associated with the instructor’s class.
- Inform students by the fifth week of the semester of class work below the "C" level.
- Maintain the scheduled class hours assigned.
- Develop, in consultation with the immediate supervisor, an annual set of goals for the instructional area prior to the beginning of each school year.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the appropriate supervisor.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to students, department personnel, institution and Board of Trustees.
- Be able to operate computers.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students and outside organizations in providing instruction in the area of expertise.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study students.
Dependent upon the position to be filled.
9/99; 1/19/01; 1/28/02; 12/17/04, 12/4/07; 1/1/15; 1/16/16
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.