Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Student Recruiting and Impact Program Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Advancement
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the development, coordination, and operation of Sauk Valley Community College’s student recruitment program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a comprehensive student recruitment program by communicating with and visiting area middle schools, high schools, colleges, and communities.
- Build and maintain effective relationships between the area high schools and the College.
- Plan and provide for activities and communications with potential students and parents.
- Assist prospective students with an understanding of academic placement requirements, programs of study, financial aid information, and scholarships.
- Arrange and organize meetings with high school counselors, school administrators, community groups, and business organizations.
- Arrange visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Assist in the development of auxiliary programs and services designed to assist students, such as scholarship programs, recruitment, and retention.
- Provide K-8 students and families the skills and knowledge necessary to understand and navigate policies/procedures associated with the College experience.
- Represent SVCC to recruit potential students at activities such as job and trade fairs, community activities, and area businesses.
- Coordinate services and activities with other College departments which enhance recruitment activities and connect the College with prospective students.
- Organize and coordinate a peer recruitment program, which includes activities such as facilitating campus tours, recruitment and/or retention activities, and delivering special College events.
- Respond to web queries from interested potential students.
- Oversee the creation, accuracy, and timely approval of Dual Credit MOU’s.
- Assist with Admission Possible, coordinate MOU completion with districts in the spring and work with Academics and Student Services various needs.
- Ensure that proper financial information has been secured from the high schools so that students/high schools can be accurately bills.
- Collaborate with the Impact Program partners to implement the program’s mission, and develop and monitor strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain an outreach plan and be responsible for engaging school administrators about various components of the Impact Program.
- Ensure the effective coordination among partners and all program components to align all aspects of the Impact Program goals and objectives, including school-based strategies and communications.
- Establish the involvement of business and community leaders and others to push forward the goals of the Impact Program.
- Report quarterly on the development and programmatic achievements to the Impact Program partners and community.
- Maintain the marketing and recruiting google document to track outreach efforts.
- Develop in cooperation with the supervisor, annual goals and objectives.
- Prepare and submit to the supervisor a monthly report summarizing activities and accomplishments of the previous month.
- Assume all other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to students, staff, community groups, parents, and potential students.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products and social media.
- Must be able to travel to various sites throughout the district.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision over SVCC ambassadors and College student workers.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in a related field and four to five years of experience, preferably in a community college. Experience in recruitment and retention preferred. Strong oral communication skills required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.