Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Campus Safety and Security Lead
SUPERVISED BY:Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
DEPARTMENT:Campus Safety and Security
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform in a lead capacity to provide customer-focused security services for the building, grounds, equipment, and occupants of Sauk Valley Community College. Coordinate and delegate appropriately concerning security and safety issues. Work to ensure a safe learning and working environment for students, faculty, and staff as well as the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the College’s key and lock system.
- Train security staff as well as others throughout the College to handle or assist in emergency situations (10% tort).
- Assist with scheduling of security personnel to ensure 24/7 coverage.
- Ensure that at least two full safety and security patrols of the buildings and grounds are completed per 8-hour shift and other regular partial patrols (25% tort).
- Perform security and/or escort assistance as requested (5% tort).
- Open and close the building according to daily needs, prevent unauthorized entry (13% tort).
- Ensure security-related rules and policies of SVCC are followed and enforce them as needed (3% tort).
- Maintain a daily activity log and file incident reports as needed (5% tort).
- Perform duties as a member of the Crisis Management team in emergency situations (5% tort).
- Ensure that internal and external cameras are monitored on all shifts (5% tort).
- Maintain and perform weekly/monthly safety and security inspections (12% tort).
- Assist in monitoring College safety-related programs (5% tort).
- Ensure that incoming phone calls are answered, callers are greeted in a professional manner, questions are answered, and calls forwarded as needed.
- Move furniture; participate in arranging and setting up for special occasions as requested.
- Operate all relevant building and grounds equipment according to daily needs, including lighting and snow removal equipment.
- Clean lavatories and replenish lavatory supplies as scheduled.
- Provide backup support for information center as needed.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to understand and provide verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to other staff.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone and email on a daily basis.
- Able to use various external communications devices during emergency conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs., push and pull 500 lbs. on a cart.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, and policies.
- Must be able to work varied shifts as needed.
Contact is made as appropriate with all levels of College staff, the general public, and civic groups using SVCC buildings, facilities, and parking areas.
No supervision is required.
Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field and five years of security or security related experience or equivalent education and experience is required. Bachelor’s degree and supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Certification in First Aid, CPR instructor, pressure point control tactics, and automated external defibrillators must be completed within a set probationary period. Valid driver’s license is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.