Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Academics and Student Services
DEPARTMENT:General Education and Transfer
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Assist the Vice President of Academics and Student Services in the operation of the general education and transfer programs department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for hiring, training, observing, and reviewing of general education and transfer faculty.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of dual credit courses within the general education area including the coordination and scheduling of course offerings, approval of dual credit faculty qualifications, observation, evaluation, and providing appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of distance education across the institution. In cooperation with the Instructional Design department and the Online Learning Committee, approve the College’s Online Course Design and Development processes for new course offerings and oversee the quality assurance of all distance education courses.
- Assist in the preparation of the instructional schedule for each semester, reviewing and submitting the final schedule to the Vice President of Academics and Student Services.
- Assist the Dean of Student Services and the Vice President of Academics and Student Services in updating the annual college catalog.
- Collaborate with faculty leaders to develop and coordinate the operational plan and budgeting needs for various academic areas.
- Assist with ensuring that appropriate and quality faculty exist to teach all courses offered.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual general education and transfer programs budget.
- Assist in the coordination of dual credit partnerships in conjunction with K-12 administration, the College’s Recruiting department, and the College’s Pathways Coordinator.
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Council.
- Develop and assist with annual goals, operational planning, and budgeting for the department.
- Responsible for the planning, budgeting, and outcomes of the Learning Commons (Library, Tutoring Services, and Writing Center) and the Instructional Design Department.
- Assist the Vice President of Academics and Student Services in coordinating faculty training and development opportunities.
- Assist the Disability Support Services Director and the Instructional Design department with the coordination of accessibility & universal design training and quality assurance across all distance learning.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to faculty, staff, and students.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required..
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
Maintain regular contact with departments, divisions, appropriate personnel, and faculty to ensure that programs in the general education and transfer programs department function effectively. Frequent interaction and personal contact with community leaders, the general public, outside organizations, and state governing boards pertaining to the general education and transfer programs department.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over designated faculty, Coordinator of the Learning Commons Library, Coordinator of the Learning Commons Tutoring Center, and the Instructional Designer.
Master’s degree and five years of relevant experience required. Evidence of support for the mission of a comprehensive community college with business or industrial experience, appreciation of teamwork, excellent oral and written communication skills, and computer literacy required. Knowledge/experience with alternative teaching/learning options; and curriculum design and evaluation is a must. Must have the ability to contribute to instructional vitality and growth.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.