Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Testing Center Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Testing Center Coordinator
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Administer/proctor exams following strict test guidelines and standards set for each individual test delivered in the Testing Center under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service and value working collaboratively as a team member.
- Maintain confidentiality, security, and integrity of all tests and test materials, testing procedures, and candidate/student information in accordance with the College and outside agencies’ policies and procedures.
- Obtain and maintain certifications required to assist with the coordination and administration of state and local tests, including, but not limited to Accuplacer, ATI, Pearson VUE, and others as required.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets, use google calendar to create appointments, and accurately document point of contact records.
- Prepare paperwork and documentation for testing programs.
- Administer and verify the eligibility of testing candidates.
- Conduct testing sessions in strict accordance with all rules and regulations applicable to each individual test.
- Work efficiently and anticipate needs of candidates/students and the Testing Center in coordination with the immediate supervisor.
- Professionally communicate test procedures and rules to candidates/students.
- Monitor candidates/students and resolve conflicts that occur during testing to ensure a secure and quiet testing environment.
- Report any problems occurring during test sessions to the appropriate authorities.
- Contact placement testing referrals and set appointments.
- Maintain current qualifications with outside testing agencies.
- Remotely deliver placement tests and other exams according to the guidelines and standards established by the appropriate test sponsor.
- Attend training as required by supervisor.
- Responsible for being the back-up to cover absences for the Testing Center Coordinator.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to provide professional customer service while working with diverse populations.
- Must be able to accurately interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate in person, email, and by telephone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to proficiently operate computers and provide basic technical troubleshooting support.
- Work with team members while collaboratively sharing responsibilities.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal technical troubleshooting instructions.
- Must be able to work and manage time in a varied and often fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to proficiently work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with shared responsibilities.
- Must be able to work some evenings; up to 6 PM as required.
- Have some flexibility of hours to meet Testing Center needs.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work study students.
Bachelor’s degree required. One year of related experience required, preferably in teaching, training, counseling, or testing. Must be professional, detail-oriented, and have strong interpersonal communication skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.