Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Vice President of Academics and Student Services
DEPARTMENT:Academics and Student Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Serves as the Chief Academic Officer in the operation of the academic services division and the Chief Student Services Officer in the student services division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the academic and student service divisions consistent with the mission, vision, values, and goals of the college.
- Has overall responsibility for program/curriculum development and preparation and evaluation of the schedule of classes.
- Maintain effective communication with all divisions of the college, ICCB, other educational institutions, and the community at large.
- Participate in recruitment and retention of full-time and part-time faculty, as well as staff supporting academics and student services; coordinates the development of annual goals; promotes the professional development of faculty and staff; and facilitates the evaluation processes of faculty and staff and the faculty promotion and tenure process.
- Provide supervision of risk management activities related to Title IX and athletic programs. *4% tort
- Participate with the president and other college leadership in planning and assessing overall college operations and initiatives.
- Work with faculty and staff in developing and assessing the annual academics and student services plans based on the college strategic plan.
- Support accountability and institutional effectiveness by developing, implementing, and assessing procedures that support college operations and foster student success.
- Prepare an annual budget for academic and student services and ensures the final budget is properly administered.
- Participate in college development activities including service on college committees.
- Participate in professional organizations and professional development.
- Ensure that all accreditation standards pertaining to the academics and student services are in compliance.
- Serve as night administrator on a rotating basis. (3%* tort)
- Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Serve as co-chair of the Assessment Committee.
- Coordinate and plan the Perkins budget and its associated initiatives.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required..
Maintain regular contact with departments, divisions, appropriate personnel, and deans to ensure that programs in the academics and student services division function effectively. Frequent interaction and personal contact with community leaders, the general public, outside organizations, and state governing boards pertaining to the academics and student services division.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over the academics and student services personnel.
Master’s degree required; doctorate preferred. Evidence of support for the mission of a comprehensive community college; computer literate, with business or industrial experience preferred. Appreciation for teamwork, with excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge/experience with alternative teaching/learning options, curriculum design, evaluation, and the ability to contribute to instructional vitality and growth required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.