Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Human Resources Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Human Resources
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform highly responsible office and administrative duties for the Human Resources department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for on-boarding paperwork of all new employees and student workers.
- Responsible for employment verifications.
- Responsible for the hiring process including job postings, advertisements, correspondence, and closing positions for all administrators, professional-technical, support, non-credit instructors, student workers, and adjunct faculty.
- Responsible for room setup, providing resumes, printing questions, and college and benefits overviews during the interview process.
- Responsible for bill processing and purchase order requests as needed.
- Responsible for FMLA’s and LOA’s including paperwork upon request, tracking, and ensuring the Business Office receives notification.
- Serve as a member of the Recognition Committee and the Professional Development Committee.
- Assist with recognition events (Sauk Celebrates, Years of Service, and Retirement Ceremony) including correspondence, ordering gifts, room setup, and working the event.
- Assist with open enrollment for insurance plans.
- Develop compliance training for screening committees.
- Research and implement an effective electronic onboarding system for new employees.
- Work with ITS to determine solutions to more efficiently process employee information.
- Responsible for the PeopleAdmin Applicant Tracking System and provide solutions for possible upgrades.
- Work as a liaison between the health insurance providers and staff regarding health insurance claims.
- Backup for ensuring tracking and compliance of required training (e.g. sexual harassment, Title IX, DCFS, etc.).
- Perform office functions including correspondence, mail, preparation of reports, public relations, and maintenance of confidential information.
- Make appointments, schedule meetings, take minutes, and reserve rooms as needed.
- Maintain necessary supplies for the office.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to handle discreet and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including social media.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Bachelor degree and two to four years of responsible office experience or equivalent education and experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required; experience with insurance claims processing preferred. Human Resources experience strongly preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.