Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Software Application Support Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Software and User Services
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Provide support for various College software systems including document imaging system, student information system, reporting tools, and signage/wayfinding software. Provide workflow development, training, and assist user departments with documentation. Assist information services staff with user support of other College software systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure and maintain document imaging software, currently Filebound.
- Configure and maintain document enhancement and automation software, currently FormFusion.
- Create and update web forms for the College intranet and website.
- Consult with departments to develop document workflows, including FileBound, FormFusion, Banner, and web forms.
- Provide user training for various Banner modules.
- Assist System Analyst/DBA with testing and implementation of new releases/features of Banner software.
- Provide user support for reporting tools, currently Argos.
- Setup and maintain digital signage/wayfinding software, currently Four Winds.
- Provide backup to Web Developer for web content updates.
- Provide user support for printer and copier management system, currently PaperCut.
- Create user documentation for software that ITS supports.
- Provide user support for other major software systems used by the College
- Provide backup support to other ITS personnel as assigned by supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to operate computers.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Associate’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent education and experience required. Strong oral and written communication skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office, document imaging software, wayfinding software, web content management software, and student information systems recommended.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.