Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Reports to the Athletic Director and is responsible for the coordination and general supervision of a recognized community college sport within the athletic program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform normal functions associated with a varsity intercollegiate program.
- Recruit students for designated sport.
- Work with the Dean of Student Services in determining scholarship opportunities for potential athletes.
- Conduct regular practice sessions in assigned sport..
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to the rules and regulations of the NJCAA regarding athletics.
- Be knowledgeable of the rules and regulations governing fair play and sportsmanship for all athletic sports.
- Assist the Athletic Director in determining the event schedule for the designated sport.
- Regulate the budget for the designated sport. This includes all revenues and expenditures incurred during the sport season.
- Work with the Business Office in acquiring necessary petty cash funds for officials, support staff, and food for players as needed.
- Schedule vans or other necessary transportation and lodging, if applicable, to and from events.
- Report required statistics and results to NJCAA website.
- Report results to Athletics office and media in a timely manner.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must have interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with students and staff on a regular basis.
- Leadership and managerial skills required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of NJCAA regulations and general knowledge of sport required.
- Ability to attend sporting events held during the evenings and on weekends.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision over coaching staff if applicable.
General knowledge and experience in the sport for which application is applied. Previous coaching experience preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.