Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
DEPARTMENT:Admissions and Records
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for evaluation of all incoming student transcripts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and process incoming educational records from colleges/universities, foreign institutions, and secondary schools.
- Review student transcripts for the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) requirements and identify courses accordingly.
- Coordinate data entry of credit by evaluation, including but not limited to, Advanced Placement and CLEP credit, Dantes scores, Department of Correction credit, and high school courses for college credit.
- Process GED, Constitution and ACT scores.
- Coordinate with students, faculty and staff issues regarding the analysis of transcripts.
- Process student record information into the computer system.
- Answer telephone and provide information and assistance as appropriate
- Assist in general office duties, especially during registration times.
- Assist in the cross training of department staff in transcript evaluation.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Registrar.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community College.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Some evening hours required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing information and assistance.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study students.
Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three years of collegiate admissions, records analysis, or records management work and familiarity with Banner preferred. Word processing and data entry skills required. Understanding of academic credit and degree requirements, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work independently required. Must demonstrate sound judgment.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.