Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Business Services Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
CATEGORY:Full-time Support Staff
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible office and administrative duties for Business Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide miscellaneous accounting functions for the College as needed, including cashiering duties.
- Prepare monthly bank statement reconciliation.
- Assist in the preparation of construction documents, sealed bid purchasing process, and inventory tracking for the College.
- Preparation of forms and reports to local, state and federal agencies as required.
- Assist the supervisor with College property and liability insurance programs.
- Responsible for completing First Report of Injury for workers compensation claims.
- Prepare documentation and maintain records for cooperative agreements with other Illinois community colleges.
- Assist the supervisor in internal control review functions.
- Perform office functions including correspondence, mail, preparation of reports, public relations and maintenance of confidential information.
- Provide telephone coverage for the supervisor’s office as well as other offices in the immediate area as needed.
- Make appointments, schedule meetings, and reserve meeting rooms as needed.
- Assist the supervisor in the preparation of the annual budget and the annual tax levy for the College.
- Maintain necessary supplies for the office.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community College
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have general accounting knowledge.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study/intern students.
Associate’s degree or equivalent education and experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet programs; and experience with finance and accounting required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.