Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Health Professions Administrative Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Health Professions
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible administrative duties for the Dean of Health Professions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and conduct all facets of office management.
- Maintain budgets for department.
- Prepare correspondence, CNA folders, student packets, reports, contracts, timesheets, load sheets, and program evaluations.
- Assist with nursing and radiology accreditation processes.
- Support the creation of class schedules including additions, revisions, cancellations, and room assignments for each semester.
- Schedule supervisor’s calendar including making appointments, scheduling meetings, and reserving rooms as needed.
- Perform administrative duties for all full-time and part-time faculty in the Health Professions departments.
- Act as a recorder for nursing and workforce council meetings.
- Maintain office files for faculty (i.e. licenses, immunizations, continuing education, etc.).
- Coordinate classroom observations for all faculty in the division.
- Organize health professions student orientation, pinning, picture day, significant other support group, student trips, and information meetings.
- Participate as a member of the Admissions Advisory Committee for all health occupation programs.
- Assist with maintenance of files and records for the health occupations program applicants.
- Coordinate and conduct correspondence concerning new applicants with several College departments and various outside agencies and personnel.
- Maintain a complete list of clinical site agreements for health career programs and process clinical site renewal agreements.
- Supervise and train work-study personnel; assist other personnel in inter-departmental activities.
- Assist in the completion of annual and periodic reports including, but are not limited to the following: (a) Rad Tech - AMA,IDNS, CAHEA, JRCERT; (b) ADN - IDFPR, IDPH; and (c) LPN - IDFPR, IDPH.
- Obtain approval from State to become SVCC representative for Health Professions students for fingerprinting and test vouchers.
- Assist with lab cleaning and restocking.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products and operate office equipment proficiently.
- 60% time spent standing while assisting students and preparing laboratories, 10% walking, and 30% time sitting to complete paperwork and data entry.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
- May be required to work some weekends and holidays.
Contact is made as appropriate with all levels of College personnel, students, vendors, and suppliers in relation to departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision exercised over designated work-study students.
Associate’s degree and two years of responsible office experience or equivalent education and experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required. Must have good communication, organizational and human relations skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.