Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Executive Assistant to Academic Services
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Academics and Student Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Support Staff
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Serve as the Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Academic and Student Services; perform administrative duties for Academic Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Send letters of interest to adjunct faculty; prepare adjunct contracts and full-time faculty supplemental contracts.
- Post class general education and career/technical education schedules in Banner.
- Schedule the Vice-President’s calendar; book off-campus activities (e.g., conferences).
- Assist in training and supervising College work-studies assigned to Academics.
- Assist Academic Deans in scheduling the evaluations of full-time and adjunct faculty; ensure that the paperwork is accurate; communicate all pertinent information to Human Resources for accurate record keeping.
- Update faculty academic training logs; communicate all pertinent information to Human Resources for accurate record keeping.
- Process paperwork for internships, tutorials, and credit for prior experience.
- Responsible for tracking Academic Vice-President’s budget, Academic Deans’ budgets, Perkins Title V budget, and Faculty Development budget.
- Responsible for tracking time off and preparation of electronic time sheets for full-time faculty; record and post full-time and adjunct faculty class cancellations.
- Responsible for tracking and submitting to the Director of Research and Planning the student course evaluation cycle for full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, and dual credit courses.
- Organize Workforce Council meetings, take notes, and disseminate meeting minutes to all stakeholders.
- Assist the Vice President/Deans in preparing annual Perkins plans and submitting the plans and reports to ICCB.
- Obtain instructor textbooks from publishers.
- Attend and provide academic support for the annual commencement.
- Provide assistance to full-time and adjunct faculty with questions and concerns.
- Submit purchase requisitions and order supplies for the Vice President, Deans, and academic faculty.
- Submit and/or update the list of training programs in the Illinois Workforce Development System as needed.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree and five years of responsible administrative assistant experience required. Experience in an academic setting preferred. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheets required. Must have good communication and human relations skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.