Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Financial Assistance Advisor - Loans & MAP
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Financial Assistance
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Advise students and perform technical office activities related to student financial assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for daily contact with parents, students, and community residents regarding Federal, State, and institutional financial assistance questions, eligibility, and procedures.
- Review and complete financial aid applications; determine student eligibility, collect/enter data, and package award funds for payment of tuition, fees, books, and supplies based on Federal, State, and institutional regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all students records/files and comply with FERPA/GLB regulations.
- Apply Federal PELL Grant, supplemental educational opportunities grant, and work-study funds to student accounts.
- Calculate and award student loans to student applicants based on Federal, State, and institutional regulations.
- Responsible for submitting State payment rosters electronically utilizing MAP software.
- Coordinate entrance and exit student loan counseling including budget process and financial literacy.
- Assist applicants in completing free application for Federal student aid, all applicable student applications, Federal and State veteran benefit applications, and required Federal verification materials.
- Assist with the completion of non-verification files.
- Submit student loan originations and secondary market guarantees. Identify and resolve student loan problems through contact with lenders, guarantors, and other colleges.
- Assist supervisor with reconciliation of State funds.
- Assist supervisor with monitoring standards of academic progress for State monetary award program recipients.
- Assist with reconciliation of State programs in coordination with the Business Office; identifying and resolving discrepancies regarding grants.
- Assist supervisor in the completion of all State and Federal related surveys and questionnaires.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess good verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders and presentations from supervisor and to subordinates and the general public.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
Daily contact with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and departmental services. Substantial contact with government organizations, lending agencies, and other colleges.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree required and two years of financial aid experience. Three years of experience in a community college setting preferred. Must have ability to represent College and Financial Assistance office in a professional manner. Experience with word processing software required; experience in EdConnect and SCT Banner financial aid software preferred. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced work environment are required. Some supervisory experience is desirable.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.