Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Information Technology
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsibilities include supervision and administration of College-wide network and server infrastructure, enterprise database, telecommunications, and backup.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership to the information technology services area.
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of College infrastructure, including the virtual data center, routing and switching infrastructure, storage area network, and servers.
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of network security devices including firewall, antivirus, and intrusion detection & prevention. (10%) *
- Monitor cybersecurity threats and ensure security patches are installed and vulnerabilities are closed. (10%) *
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and backup plans and procedures. (5%) *
- Administer and provide recommendations for policy and procedures concerning information services, technology, communications, and security. (5%) *
- Function as a resource person for all College departments in setting up information services and requests for computerized information.
- Serve as a member of the administrative team, including service on Leadership Council.
- Serve as a Night Administrator on a rotating basis. (3%) *
- Develop annual budget requests, goals, and objectives for supervised areas.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations.
- Must be able to work with computers.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over the Enterprise Database and Server Administrator, Technical Support Specialist – Programmer, and Web Developer.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field or equivalent education and experience is required. Seven years of experience is required .One year supervisory experience and teaching experience preferred. Detail orientation and organizational leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.