Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Administrative Assistant to BACE and Dean of Student Services
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Business Training and Community Education
Dean of Student Services
DEPARTMENT:Business and Community Education and Student Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Provide administrative support for Business Training, Community Education, Career Services, and the Dean of Student Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the first point of contact and handle customer service requests and program inquiries as received by email, phone, or by in person visits including students, instructors, etc.
- Process all course paperwork and instructor packets for community education and business training courses before and after each course.
- Enter and monitor courses including registrations and payments in Banner, Argos, and Filebound.
- Assist with invoicing business training contracts.
- Process instructor payroll and monitor instructor contracts.
- Maintain CDL student files for the State of Illinois.
- Enter and monitor paperwork and processes related to special programs such as the Traffic Safety program, online programs, trips/tours, etc.
- Assist with marketing and develop promotional materials and monitor social media presence.
- Order materials, books, supplies as required for each class/department and the Student Services area.
- Enter and monitor purchase requisitions into Banner for BACE and Student Services.
- Assist in preparing the BACE catalog.
- Process and monitor travel requisitions and reimbursements for staff and instructors for BACE and Student Services.
- Process completion certificates for community education and business training courses.
- Process CDL grades and other reports as required.
- Prioritize work assignments of work study as needed for BACE and Student Services.
- Assists in supervising and preparing the budget for BACE and Student Services.
- Schedule appointments for dean, director, and coordinator as needed.
- Prepare and process code of conduct deliverables and documents and assist with the scheduling of code of conduct meetings.
- Assist in the processing of Student Services paperwork and scheduling of meetings related to (but not limited to) academic suspension, appeals, tuition refunds, and CAREER agreements.
- Serve as a backup to the Student Services front desk.
- Assist in preparing the student handbook and Student Services documents.
- Work with Student Services and Academics to create and maintain the college calendar.
- Assist with coordinating various department events (i.e., Job Fair, Child Fair, Manufacturing Day, Junior Vet University etc.).
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to local community groups.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the capability to travel to the communities served by the College on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products and social media.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends; occasionally off-campus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Maintains regular contact with various departments, appropriate personnel, area coordinators, and faculty to ensure that programs in the community service area function effectively.
Functional supervision is exercised over work-study students.
Associate’s degree with two years of experience in business or education, word processing, organizational skills, and strong collaborative communication skills required. An understanding of adult learning, marketing, sales, and an understanding of employee training and business operations strongly preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.