Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Learning Commons Instructional Aide
SUPERVISED BY:Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Aid the supervisor in the day-to-day operations of the learning commons tutoring center and help students with academic problem solving in a variety of ways.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tutor students in academic subject areas.
- Identify and refer students to appropriate supplementary materials.
- Visit classrooms to explain the services of the learning commons tutoring center.
- Monitor and assist students in using equipment; including the use of software and equipment aids for the disabled.
- Maintain tight security of records and act as custodian of supplies and equipment.
- Assist student tutors as needed.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide oral/verbal responses to students questions, and assist faculty given general guidance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of college personnel, faculty, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
Associate’s degree and experience which provides relevant knowledge and skills required. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and students required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.