Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Advancement
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the administration and coordination of marketing and public relations for the College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and evaluate effectiveness of a marketing plan that supports the College mission and strategic plan.
- Propose and follow a college budget that supports the marketing plan.
- Develop, lead, and coordinate appropriate marketing activities throughout all segments of the College while maintaining the College’s brand.
- Develop and prepare publications and provide editorial services and serve as graphics and publications consultant to the institution.
- Coordinate all media relations efforts and promotional activities and assist with various special events.
- Represent the marketing department by attending special events. ceremonial functions, special activities, and promotional campaigns as requested.
- Ensure that a current media contact list is maintained and cultivate source relationships with external (e.g. , community members, media, alumni, marketing vendors) and internal constituencies (e.g., students, employees, Board members).
- Serve as the public relations contact and the public information officer (PIO).
- Develop, maintain, and monitor the College social media networks (e.g., Facebook. Twitter, YouTube).
- Update College website with appropriate marketing information.
- Design public and internal websites in collaboration with College departments and the SVC Foundation, for the overall look, feel, and functionality of college web site.
- Coordinate with Information Technology Services and Marketing on long term, college-wide projects.
- Consult with all areas of the College regarding marketing/currency and their area of the website.
- Lead the College’s web advisory committee.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of a community college and its constituents.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be creative.
- Must be excellent at time management and prioritization and be able to direct/coordinate marketing activities.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone or email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office products and web-based technologies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
Maintain regular contact with College departments and employees to ensure that the College is represented to the community appropriately. Frequent interaction and personal contact with community leaders, the general public, and outside organizations is necessary to promote the College.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study personnel.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred, with emphasis in communications, marketing, or public relations. Demonstrated success in public relations and marketing, preferably in a college setting.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.