Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Testing Center Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Student Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Coordinates the operation of the testing center at Sauk Valley Community College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop procedures for the operation of the testing center and oversee daily operation of the testing center.
- Hire, supervise, evaluate, and schedule testing center specialists and student workers for the testing center.
- Assist with the general training and necessary certification for testing center specialists. Provide staff and student workers with appropriate professional development and training.
- Troubleshoot technical software issues that may occur during test delivery.
- Coordinate with faculty and testing center staff from other colleges to provide testing services for students.
- Assist with the coordination, administration, and payment of testing services, including, but not limited to Pearson products and other tests as needed to meet College and community needs.
- Administer all tests including managing and administering SVCC placement tests including remote testing when approved and necessary.
- Maintain and ensure the security of all testing materials in accordance with the College and outside agencies policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and update the testing center environment and equipment to meet testing requirements.
- Publicize, schedule, and conduct testing sessions in accordance with test center hours set by SVCC.
- Administer and verify the eligibility of testing candidates.
- Communicate test procedures and rules to students.
- Monitor candidates and resolve conflicts during testing to ensure a secure and quiet testing environment.
- Report any problems occurring during testing to the appropriate authorities.
- Prepare paperwork and documentation for testing programs.
- Assist in evaluating placement cut-off scores, updating testing software to reflect changes, and updating Course Placement Guide.
- Attend at least one annual training session per year.
- Maintain current certifications with outside agencies.
- Establish annual goals for the testing center, evaluate operations, and prepare annual reports.
- Serve on institutional committees related to the welfare of students, as requested by the supervisor.
- Develop an annual budget in coordination with the supervisor and procure supplies and equipment.
- Review and update information on the Testing Center’s website.
- Assume all other reasonable and professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products and troubleshoot software.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by email and phone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work evenings as required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional and administrative supervision over the testing specialists and work-study students.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience required preferably in teaching, training, counseling, or testing. Must have strong interpersonal skills and detail orientation skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.