Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The coordinator is responsible for organizing and coordinating the center and its services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop procedures for and oversee the daily operation of learning commons tutoring.
- Schedule staff to provide necessary services for students.
- Provide in-service training for learning commons tutoring staff and tutors.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate the instructional assistants, student tutors, and work-study students for learning commons tutoring.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate the Learning Commons Writing Center Coordinator
- Evaluate and order appropriate instructional materials for learning commons tutoring.
- Work with faculty and staff to identify and deliver needed services to students
- Promote learning commons tutoring through classroom visits, facility tours, and assorted publications.
- Work with the Learning Commons Writing Center Coordinator to establish annual goals for the Learning Commons Writing Center.
- Establish annual goals for learning commons tutoring, evaluate operations, prepare statistical and annual reports of accomplishments and concerns.
- Develop annual budgets in coordination with supervisor, and procure supplies and equipment.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work some evenings.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, faculty, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over the writing center coordinator, instructional assistants, tutors, and work-study students.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of work experience in a learning assistance center or adult education required; master’s degree preferred. Computer and technical skills, good oral and written communication skills, knowledge of alternative teaching/learning options, appreciation of teamwork, and evidence of the ability to communicate with faculty, students, and administrators required. Appropriate administrative experience preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.