Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:AmeriCorps Program Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Program Director of ABC AmeriCorps Program
CATEGORY:Part-time Support (Grant Funded)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Assists the program director by participating in recruitment and retention of AmeriCorps members, training, managing and development of members, planning and implementing events, maintaining member files to ensure compliance, and maintaining financial records in preparation for monthly reporting and yearly auditing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and adhere to the guidelines of the AmeriCorps program in accordance with the program director and the member handbook.
- Participate in monthly State meetings and State training pertaining to job responsibilities.
- Maintain current and accurate program financial records.
- Operate SVCC Argos system to gather appropriate financial documents.
- Prepare periodic grant reporting in accordance with grant requirements.
- Maintain manage member information with the State Agency overseeing the AmeriCorps Program throughout the course of their term.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of members.
- Maintain required member and grant paperwork, files, evaluations, reports, and course certifications in accordance with grant requirements.
- Complete and monitor background checks on potential and existing members.
- Maintain consistent communication with members to; track service hours, collect and certify monthly time sheets, ensure member submission of weekly activity tracker and media data.
- Assist the program director in planning, scheduling, and implementing member monthly training.
- Assist the program director in planning service project activities including the recruitment of volunteers, planning projects, and service-learning curriculum.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of grant compliance evaluation materials and evaluation processes including site observation visits.
- Maintain and regularly update social media sites.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the program director.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with AmeriCorps staff, members, and community partners.
- Must be able to handle discreet and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including social media.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to operate computers and basic office equipment.
- Must be organized with attention to detail.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Associate’s degree and 2 years of responsible office experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required; experience with file auditing preferred. Training and supervisory experience preferred. Experience in the areas of education and community service preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.