Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Dual Credit Coordinator/Enrollment Management Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
DEPARTMENT:Admissions and Records
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the development, coordination, and operation of Sauk Valley Community College’s dual enrollment program. Assist and guide the general public and college staff with the verification portion of the enrollment management process. Perform administrative duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain effective relationships between the area high schools and the College.
- Plan and provide for activities and communications with potential students and parents.
- Coordinate dual credit curriculum needs offered to area high school students with the College deans and departments.
- Articulate coursework when appropriate with area high schools and provide an up-to-date list to appropriate College personnel.
- Provide coordination with high school counselors to assist in the transition of dual credit students.
- Advise and recruit all dual credit students.
- Review and interpret test scores and other information in accordance with the college placement policy.
- Verify and certify rosters for individual dual credit courses.
- Work with students, parents, and faculty/staff to monitor student performance including The Academy participants.
- Collect test scores and high school transcripts from each dual credit student enrolled at the College.
- Ensure test scores and names of juniors/seniors are entered into the Banner system.
- Arrange and organize meetings with parents, high school counselors, school administrators, community groups, and business organizations to coordinate curriculum development including a dual credit interest night.
- Develop and implement in-service training for staff, faculty, counselors, and administrators.
- Assist with organizing the high school counselors’ breakfast.
- Prepare and submit to the supervisor a monthly report summarizing activities and accomplishments of the previous month.
- Develop in cooperation with the supervisor, annual goals and objectives.
- Assist with processing cooperative and chargeback requests.
- Assist with coordinating the New Student Orientation.
- Assist the Student Services Dean and directors in providing communication correspondences as assigned.
- Assume all other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to operate computers and be proficient with social media.
- Must be able to travel to various sites throughout the district.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to services and duties providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of experience, preferably in a community college. Experience in recruitment and retention preferred. Strong oral communication skills required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.