Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Business Training and Community Education
DEPARTMENT:Business and Community Education
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Develop, market, and schedule non-credit programs and experiences for Sauk Valley Community College’s district on-campus and off-campus. Assist students in finding internships and/or employment opportunities. Assist students and community members in the area of career services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a cost effective schedule of personal enrichment courses and community events. Build class schedule, recommend the cost of classes to supervisor, and reserve rooms for upcoming classes and events.
- Lead and organize the efforts for all Manufacturing Day events. Work with internal constituents, high schools, and local manufacturers to ensure successful events.
- Monitor budget to ensure personal enrichment courses operate at a cost recovery level.
- Recruit, train, and orientate instructors for the purpose of teaching personal enrichment programs.
- Assist with Business and Community Education instructor packets, invoicing contracts, supply orders, purchase orders, and print requests.
- Coordinate and monitor the Driver Safety Training Program for the 15th Judicial Circuit Court.
- Strengthen communication with and between employers, students, and staff for the purpose of facilitating employment and internship opportunities.
- Assist with coordination efforts for Work in the Real World. Work with all internal and external constituents to ensure a successful event.
- Facilitate discussions with BEST to ensure the appropriate use of services.
- Organize, promote, and coordinate SVCC’s annual job fair/monthly virtual job fairs.
- Regularly present career services to and assist students, especially those in career-technical fields with resume preparation, interviewing skills, networking skills, networking and internship opportunities, and identifying job openings.
- Develop and maintain a job opportunity board for students and community members.
- Present workshops to educate students and community members on the skills and qualities necessary for career development.
- Develop, implement, and manage a cost effective schedule of trips and experiences.
- Schedule on-campus recruitment visits for employers.
- Coordinate with the SVCC Marketing department in development of campaigns for program courses/events, flyers, brochures, and publications for special programming, etc.
- Prepare pertinent reports and submit to supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to local community groups.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the capability to travel to the communities served by the College on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products and social media.
- Must to be to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends; occasionally off-campus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Maintains regular contact with various departments, appropriate personnel, area coordinators, and faculty to ensure that programs in the community service area function effectively.
Administrative and functional supervision over Non-Credit Instructors - Traffic School. Functional supervision is exercised over work-study students.
Bachelor’s degree with four to five years of experience in business or education, word processing, organizational skills, and strong collaborative communication skills required. An understanding of adult learning, marketing, sales, and an understanding of employee training and business operations strongly preferred
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.