Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Multi-craft Maintenance-- Electrical
SUPERVISED BY:Assistant Director of Facilities
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform a variety of activities relative to repair and maintenance of campus plant and equipment; assume lead responsibility for electrical repairs and projects. Assist with other general maintenance of Buildings and Grounds assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of activities relative to repair and maintenance of all aspects of the physical plant, with an emphasis on electrical systems.
- Adhere to College safety program and perform work in a safe, professional manner.
- Perform repairs on pumps, valves, motors, controls, steam regulators, boilers, exhaust fans, and the like; prepare for inspection of the boiler plant as well as draining of the cooling system; tear down and cleaning inspection for summer use; calibrate all controls for heating and air conditioning.
- Perform basic electrical repairs and hard wiring installation for the College.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and repair parts lists for electrical installations to ensure proper maintenance is accomplished on plant facilities.
- Participate as needed in the planning, implementation, and construction of minor building projects; to include demolition, remodeling, painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, cement work, welding and the like.
- Assist in mechanical maintenance and other Buildings and Grounds function as assigned.
- Monitor the computerized building automation system (BAS) for alarms and abnormal system functions.
- Perform required preventative maintenance checks and services on the physical plant, related machinery, and equipment. Submit documentation and advise supervisor of needed changes.
- Performs duties as a member of the Hazardous Waste Response Team; to include containment, cleanup, disposal, and report writing of hazardous waste spills.
- Reset main breaker in Switch Gear Room as needed, while adhering to safety protocols by wearing full body ARC flash protection.
- Operate fork lift, aerial lifts, and snow removal equipment as needed or assigned.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Director.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to other staff as required.
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment, pumps and motors weighing 75 lbs., and be able to carry small items weighing 50 lbs.; push and pull carts loaded with pump/boiler equipment weighing 600 lbs.
- Must be able to use, demonstrate and train maintenance personnel on use of equipment and procedures.
- Must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl into tight places as required.
Confer with faculty and staff on departmental services and work requests. Confer with vendors and contractors who supply electrical equipment.
Functional supervision may be exercised over a temporary maintenance employee.
High school diploma or GED required. Degree in related field preferred. Three years of experience in HVAC systems, electrical, and plumbing repair required; boiler and chiller operation and maintenance, welding, machine shop, and fabrication preferred. Basic knowledge of general maintenance work required. Must have a valid driver license. State of Illinois electrician license preferred. Must obtain forklift and aerial boom license within 90 days of employment.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.