Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Program Director of ABC AmeriCorps Program
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical (Grant Funded)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The director is responsible for developing and coordinating the ABC AmeriCorps Program, including writing the grant, creating the budget, recruiting and training members, and maintaining relationships with the sponsoring site supervisors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume leadership responsibility to manage all grant activities within grant limitations and within budget constraints.
- Recruit, train and monitor progress of ABC AmeriCorps members.
- Secure and follow sponsorship agreements and maintain communication with local sponsoring sites that host ABC AmeriCorps members.
- Complete and submit required periodic program reports to SVCC and IDPH.
- Submit required budget reports to SVCC and IDPH.
- Create and implement training program and calendar for ABC AmeriCorps members.
- Meet yearly with the advisory committee to report progress and discuss changes.
- Attend required Director Training and monthly State conference calls on the state and national level.
- Act as a liaison with groups in the communities within the College district in order to determine community strengthening needs and to spread the word about the ABC AmeriCorps.
- Maintain program confidentiality.
- Facilitate the choice, planning and implementation of community service projects.
- Assure that ABC AmeriCorps members follow the terms of their signed agreement of participation contracts.
- Support and adhere to the guidelines of the ABC AmeriCorps program as set down in the handbook, and state and federal regulations.
- Troubleshoot program problems, as they occur, with an emphasis on being proactive.
- Research and write grants to supplement ABC AmeriCorps budget, when available.
- Train and supervise program staff.
- Oversee the maintenance of current and accurate records for annual audit and program oversight purposes.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of SVCC.
- Must have the ability to travel to the communities and education systems serviced by the program on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to local community areas, institutions, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to travel to meetings and conferences across the State and nationally as required or requested by the State and federal grant funders.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
Frequent interaction and personal contact with local school districts, community leaders, human service agencies, the general public, and outside organizations, as well as daily contact with all levels of SVCC personnel.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over an administrative assistant. Director oversees the supervision of the ABC AmeriCorps members by the site supervisors.
Bachelor’s degree or the ability to obtain a bachelor’s degree required. One to three years experience in supervision, preferably in administration; office computer applications; successful grant writing; experience in creating and managing grant budgets and working with government agencies; experience in arranging and presenting training opportunities; good written/verbal communication skills; high energy and service orientation required. Knowledge of AmeriCorps preferred; appreciation for volunteer service required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.