Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Accounting Assistant -- Accounts Payable
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform a variety of accounting activities involved in the maintenance of accounts payable and general business office functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for entering invoices and check requests in Banner.
- Verify financial accuracy of invoices and initiate correction with vendors, if necessary.
- Coordinate proper flow and approval of requisitions, purchase orders, check requests, invoices, and travel reimbursement reports.
- Preparation of federal Forms 1099.
- Vendor set-up and maintenance in Banner; maintain vendor relationships.
- Entry and posting of journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciling all credit card purchases and balances.
- Assist with audit preparation.
- Responsible for storeroom inventory.
- Assist and backup other business office personnel as required.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual communications with staff and students.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Some evening hours required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine department services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree in business or accounting or equivalent education and experience required. Knowledge of general accounting principles, experience with computerized accounting software, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality of student records required. Knowledge of Banner accounting software preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.