Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Enterprise Application Administrator
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Software and User Services
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for SVCC administrative database and enterprise application maintenance and support. Provide college-wide technical support for the Banner application package. Develop and write reports as needed for users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for Banner, Argos, and any ancillary applications. Act as a technical consultant and trainer when necessary. Perform technical activities related to the design, analysis, development, and tuning of the Oracle databases and Banner.
- Monitor and install Banner upgrades in production, development, and test environments. Work with departments to schedule upgrades and perform upgrades outside of campus hours.
- Perform systems installation, integration, maintenance and performance management of Banner, and related applications.
- Monitor Oracle database backups and clone and refresh databases from the production environment to development and testing environments as needed.
- Develop and maintain process and technical documentation and end-user documentation as requested by departments.
- Write ad-hoc reports using SQL and other programming languages used by the College. Develop triggers and other programs as needed for business processes.
- Analyze and evaluate business processes and work with departments to make recommendations for improvements. Review upgrade and release documentation to continually develop knowledge of existing technologies and systems, in preparation for changing needs of our business systems.
- Organize and lead campus Banner User Group, demonstration, and implementation meetings.
- Assist supervisor in analysis and evaluation of the functionality and feasibility of ancillary applications and other software requested by the campus. Work with other ITS staff to use campus software to improve business processes.
- Analyze and evaluate system setup and data to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with federal and state reporting requirements.
- Coordinate user management with ITS staff responsible for Banner Security (BANSECR).
- Maintain various security grants and roles within the Banner security construct.
- Provide backup support to other ITS personnel as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills.
- Must be able to operate computers.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Position requires on-call availability in case of system malfunctions and must perform upgrades and maintenance during off-hours.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Associate’s degree in computer science or similar experience required, with community college experience preferred. One year of Banner experience required. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Experience with relational databases, SQL, Linux, and Tomcat experience preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.