Travel Documents

  • Form I-20
    • Certificate of eligibility for non-immigrant students
    • Students may only remain in the U.S. until the I-20 end date. Travel signatures expire and should be renewed periodically. Signatures are valid for up to one year, though updates are recommended every six months.
  • Passport
    • Passport must be valid at all times while  in the U.S.
  • U.S. Visa
    • Study visa at S.V.C.C. is type/class F-1
    • This document can be thought of as a “key” that allows  an F-1 student to enter the U.S.
    • It is acceptable and legal for a student’s U.S. Visa to expire while they are in the U.S. as long as long as supporting documents remain valid.
    • Students simply cannot re-enter the U.S. border without a valid  visa or “key”.
  • I-94 Card
    • Arrival and departure card