Become a Student Ambassador!
The Student Ambassador program is a leadership opportunity for a group of outstanding students who are selected to represent and serve Sauk Valley Community College, prospective students, their families and our surrounding communities.
What does a Student Ambassador do?
- Serve as hosts/tour guides during special events on campus
- Meet & greet prospective students, families, alumni, and special guests
- Conduct campus tours to prospective students, their families, other outside agencies, and other guests
- Attend high school recruiting visits with the Coordinator of Student Recruitment
Top Reasons Being an Ambassador is so Important:
- Get Involved! You will develop a strong connection with SVCC on so many levels which, in turn, will help you develop lifelong skills. Another bonus--looks great on both college and employment applications.
- Be a Leader! You will have the opportunity to show our visitors around the campus and speak of your own experiences. I know, sounds intimidating for some, but you have been in those new-student shoes yourself. This is your chance to show prospective students why you love SVCC and why you’re involved.
- Meet new people! Not only are you connecting with fellow Student Ambassadors, you are meeting people within the community, our campus, and future SVCC students.
- View the Job Description (PDF)
- Complete the Application (PDF)
For questions or more information, contact:
Coordinator of Student Recruitment