How Do I Begin?
Discuss the program and it commitments with parent/guardian
- Reliable transportation to and from SVCC for duration of on campus courses
- Attendance and participation is expected
- College credit will be earned, including the possibility of a W on the student’s college transcript
- Payment responsibility-these courses generate a bill that must be paid according to the SVCC payment deadlines. Failure to do so will result in a records hold
Discuss the program with your high school guidance counselor
- Discuss program and course requirements
- Decide if courses will be taken at the high school, SVCC or online through SVCC
Satisfy course prerequisites
- Submit a current high school transcript to the Admissions and Records office at SVCC with ACT or SAT scores if applicable
- Complete SVCC placement exams is necessary
Fill Out Necessary Forms
Fill out a Student Information Form on Sauk’s website. This will generate you a Sauk student ID number and student account. Please use 104 as Intended Program of Study.
Fill out a Dual Credit Registration Form Students must know their SVCC ID number and a parent's email to complete the form.
Once the student fills out the electronic registration form, an electronic form is then sent to the student's parent/guardian and to the designated High School Counselor. When all three electronic forms are submitted, registration can be processed.
Purchase materials and make payment arrangements
- Payments can be arranged by visiting: svcc.edu/pay
- Make sure all books and materials are purchased and in hand for the first day of classes