CAREER Agreement Requests

( Comprehensive Agreement Regarding the Expansion of Educational Resources)

CAREER Agreement Programs at Other Community Colleges

CAREER Agreements allow residents of the SVCC District 506 to attend Illinois community colleges listed in the link below as an in-district student to pursue a career or technical (CTE) credit program NOT OFFERED by SVCC. These agreements with Illinois community colleges allow a student from SVCC's district to attend one of these community colleges to complete the desired program and to only pay that college's in-district tuition rate.  Transfer programs or individual course enrollment are not eligible for CAREER agreements.

The CAREER agreement form must be completed by SVCC residents who wish to attend another Illinois public community college to complete a career or technical program not offered by SVCC. The form must be submitted to the Dean of Students Services for approval prior to the start of classes (30 days recommended). Upon approval, the Dean of Student Services will notify the student and the receiving college. An approved CAREER agreement is valid for one academic year as indicated on the form. A new request form must be submitted for additional academic years. The receiving college will issue the degree or certificate for successful completion of the program of study.

An approved CAREER agreement covers only courses required by the requested career or technical program. This agreement is void if program/college changes, or student enrolls in courses not applicable to the approved program.

Listing of agreements for SVCC residents to attend another Illinois Public Community College as an in-district student

To receive information on obtaining a copy of the CAREER Agreement Form:
Contact Admissions and Records at (815) 835-6273


CAREER Agreement Programs at Sauk Valley Community College

Residents of other Illinois community college districts may be eligible to attend SVCC as an in-district student. Students need to contact their community college district to obtain a CAREER agreement form in any ICCB approved career or technical (CTE) program (certificate or degree) that is not available in their home district.

Listing of agreements for residents of other districts to attend SVCC as an in-district student

Please contact the Office of the Dean of Student Services at (815) 835-6326 for more information about CAREER agreements.