Timeline for Transfer
Use the 1st Year Exploration Transfer Checklist (.pdf) to keep on track!
- Apply for FAFSA (Oct. 1)
- Meet with Advisor to map out AA, AS, AES, or AFA course plan
- Research application requirements of prospective transfer schools
- Set a graduation date goal
- Explore Majors
- Get involved on campus
- Apply for at least two scholarships
- Meet with your Advisor to discuss transfer school options
- Select major
- Earn community service hours for scholarships
- Mark transfer application deadlines on your calendar
- Visit college campuses
Use the 2nd Year Commitment Checklist (.pdf) to keep on track!
- Apply for more scholarships
- Choose at least three transfer schools to apply to for transfer
- Don't forget to include required materials, such as transcripts or essays, with your applications.
- Start working on your resume
- Continue updating your academic plan
- Check progress towards graduation goal
- Attend college open houses
- Secure housing at transfer school
- Submit intent to graduate
- Register for orientation if required
- Submit official transcripts
- Meet with financial aid to discuss financial aid award letters
- Submit necessary documentation to transfer school
- Order your cap and gown for commencement
- Enjoy this new journey and making new friends!
Additional course options
It is OK to extend your transfer timeline — many students complete in 3 years! You may also want to check out the following in the class schedule:
- 2nd Eight Week courses
- Winter Interim courses
- Summer Courses
What can impact your transfer timeline?
- Delaying or changing your major decision
- Not passing, withdrawing, or being withdrawn from courses
- Not having a high enough GPA for your academic transfer program
- Not following your transfer academic plan