Technology ResourcesVisit the Skyhawk Student Help Desk for assistance with any of Sauk's technology resources (RM 2F01, call 815.835.6229, or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Computer access is available throughout the building with the main computer labs located in Room 2F01 and the Learning Commons (RM 3L01). Please check the posted schedule for current hours of availability.
Library Off-campus Access
- When using the Learning Commons - Library databases or other online resources, go to svcc.edu/library. No login is necessary when accessing the resources from a computer on campus. When accessing these same resources from off-campus, students will be prompted to verify current student status using their Sauk Login.
- Students are eligible to install Office 365 for free. Office 365 includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and other tools. Register and dowload at office.com/getoffice365. When registering for Office 365 you must use your Sauk email address. Office 365 can be installed on up to five devices including mobile devices.
Online Access to Course Materials
- Canvas is an online space where students can access course materials. In Canvas, instructors can post instructional videos, web links, and presentations for the course. They may also create learning activities such as online discussions, quizzes/tests, assignments, and small group activities. To access courses, click Canvas on the Quick Jump emnu on the svcc.edu website (svcc.edu). See svcc.edu/login for login instructions. See svcc.edu/learn-canvas for Canvas tutorials.
Printing on Campus
Students will use their Sauk Login to print in any of the computer labs. Students will be given $10 worth of free printing each semester (it will automatically be added to accounts at the start of each semester). Money will not carry over to the next semester and the money can only be used for printing. Printing from College computer lab printers will cost .5¢ per page for two-sided pages and 10¢ for a single sided page. This will give students between 100 - 200 pages per semester that can be printed for free.
If students need to print additional pages (above the $10), accounts can be replenished in the Business Office (RM 1H02) or the Student Services Center (RM 1E01), Students can print color pages for 25¢ in the Learning Commons (RM 3L01).
Your Sauk Login gives you access to your SVCC accounts. For more information and a full listing of the systems that use the Sauk Login, visit svcc.edu/login.
You will need to change your initial password by clicking the link at svcc.edu/login prior to logging in to any of your accounts. You can look up your Sauk Student ID by following the link at svcc.edu/login.
When you change your Sauk Login password, it is immediately changed for all systems that use the Sauk Login. You may be prompted to change your password periodically for security purposes. Notices will be sent out to your student email address.
Your Sauk Login username is usually your first name, middle initial, and last name.
Some exceptions may apply (for example, if we do not have your middle initial on file or if your username would be longer than 20 characters). You can look up your Sauk Login username by following the link at svcc.edu/login.
Scanner/Copier in The Learning Commons
Need to scan or photcopy? Go to the Learning Commons and use their printer/scanner/copier machine. Cost is 10¢ per black and white copy or 25¢ per color copy; double-sided is counted as two copies. Ask for assistance at the Circulation Desk.
Student Email and Other Google Tools
Communications from all SVCC offices, student organizations, and instructors will be sent only to the student's SVCC assigned email address. It's important for students to check it several times a week; daily is even better! SVCC uses Gmail for its email service and all students are automatically provided with a SVCC email account upon their first registration. Students can access their SVCC email from the Quick Jump menu on the SVCC web site (svcc.edu) or gmail.com See svcc.edu/login for login instructions and tutorials.
Forward Email to Personal Account
If students prefer, they may set up an SVCC Gmail to automatically forward to a personal email account. Visit svcc.edu/help-desk then Student email support pages for instructions.
Students are eligible to use a number of other personalized Google tools, such as Google Calendar, Google Drive for file storage, Google Docs for creating documents, and more using their SVCC Gmail account.
Using Mobile Devices to Access Sauk Accounts
To receive SVCC email by phone or tablet, install the Gmail App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on the device.
Student Self Service
Student Self Service gives students online access to records, such as class schedule, grades, transcripts, SVCC email address, student ID number, current financial status, and financial aid records. Students can also update personal information, such as emergency contact, change of address or phone number. Access at svcc.edu/login.
Follow SVCC on Facebook, and Twitter and Instagram (@saukvalleycc). Important information is posted on SVCC’s homepage (svcc.edu).
All Facebook pages associated with SVCC may be created only with final approval of the SVCC Marketing Department. Please visit svcc.edu/student-activities for the SVCC social media guidelines and approval form. Contact 815.835.6337 for further inquiries.
- College closings, course cancellations, College event reminders and occasional announcements can be received via phone, text message, email, or all. Students can sign up by clicking the "SVCC Text Alerts" button on SVCC's home page (svcc.edu) and login using their Sauk login. See svcc.edu/login for instructions.
- Looking for information about the College or updates on College events and activities? Check out the SVCC website: svcc.edu