Tells who we are as an institution and what we do
Sauk Valley Community College is dedicated to teaching and scholarship while engaging the community in lifelong learning, public service, and economic development.
Shared Ethical Values
Tells how we do what we do
Sauk Valley Community College respects the worth and dignity of all people; stands for integrity and fairness; and encourages responsibility, accountability, and persistence in a caring, supportive environment.
Tells where we want to go as an institution
Sauk Valley Community College will be a leader in student achievement while expanding access to higher education across the Sauk Valley region.
Goals: Strategic activities that will move the College toward its vision
Objectives: Tactical activities that will enable the College to achieve its goals
Approved by the Board of Trustees July, 2022
Direction 1: Impact Program
Goal Statement: The Impact Program harnesses the collective power of regional partners to create a sustainable path for students to pursue a college education and achieve career success.
- Recruit all in-district high school students into the Impact Program and empower them to earn their education at SVCC.
- Improve in-district high school completion rates.
- Increase recent in-district high school student college enrollment.
- Retain Impact students year-to-year.
- Provide non-profit organizations and communities with thousands of Impact volunteer hours.
Direction 2: Workforce Development
Goal Statement: Sauk Valley Community College meets the workforce needs of the region through effective and responsive programming and services for all learners.
- Grow partnerships with local businesses and community organizations to meet the workforce needs of today and tomorrow.
- Facilitate economic development collaboration by hosting events that support regional economic development initiatives.
- Pursue opportunities for bringing high-demand Baccalaureate programs to the Sauk Valley region.
- Expand outreach and recruitment efforts for Career and Technical Education programs and pathways.
- Improve degree and certificate completion and transfer rates.
- Improve semester-to-semester retention rates.
- Improve the rate of G.E.D. and ESL students who earn a college credential.
- Create partnerships with area employers to expand access to Adult Education and ESL programming.
- Expand customized training opportunities based on community and workforce demands.
- Expand personal enrichment and professional development opportunities based on community and workforce demands.
Direction 3: Access and Inclusion
Goal Statement: Sauk Valley Community College is a welcoming and inclusive centralized hub for all learning and training needs across the Sauk Valley region.
- Expand access to Adult Education and ESL programming.
- Improve access to SVCC programs for Adult Education and ESL learners.
- Work with regional partners to enhance transportation options to SVCC.
- Promote physical and mental wellbeing among students and the community through partnerships with area hospitals, health departments, TimelyMD, and other providers.
- Simplify and shorten the registration-to-credential process for students and community members.
- Encourage family and community participation in the Sauk Valley Community College experience.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience for all students, employees, and community members.
- Create spaces and opportunities for engaging the community through trainings, forums, and cultural events.
College Health Metrics
- Academics: The College provides quality, contemporary, and relevant educational opportunities to the community.
- Campus Environment: College facilities and grounds are clean and updated; the campus is safe, secure, and welcoming.
- Financial Stability: The College uses its revenue prudently while pursuing and utilizing alternative revenue streams. Investment in programs, personnel, processes, and infrastructure are carefully considered and supported by College Planning.
- Human Resources: The College hires qualified employees and provides competitive benefits to attract and retain faculty and staff; departments provide professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Information Technology: The College provides secure access to resources for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Marketing: The College uses multiple contemporary marketing strategies to increase enrollment and retention of students and to promote the SVCC brand.
- Planning: The College conducts research to support planning, decision making, and assessment efforts across the institution; decisions are informed by evidence, and processes are evaluated through continuous improvement.
- Public Service: The College encourages and participates in regular public service.
- Student Services: The College provides quality and supportive services to students.