Acceptable Forms of ID
- Drivers License Passport
- State Photo ID
- Military Photo ID
- any other valid government or state issued Photo ID
There is study material available for use in the SVCC Learning Commons. Additional study material can be purchased directly from the CLEP website.
Several study materials and resources are available to help you prepare for CLEP exam(s). We offer free sample questions. More in-depth materials, which include CLEP Exam Guides and The Official CLEP Study Guide, are available for purchase. View the CLEP Tutorial video and become familiar with the testing tools, the types of examination questions and the types of calculators that will appear in a CLEP exam.
When preparing to take your exams at the SVCC Testing Center please make yourself aware of our hours. When scheduling give your self plenty of time to check in and complete your exam. All exams will be stopped and collected ten minutes prior to the close of day.
You may use the following link to schedule your CLEP exam.
If you have a disability, such as a learning or physical disability, that would prevent you from taking a CLEP exam under standard conditions, you may request accommodations at the SVCC Testing Center. Contact the SVCC Testing Center well in advance of the test date to make the necessary arrangements and to find out its deadline for submission of documentation and approval of accommodations. Accommodations that can be arranged directly with test centers include:
- ZoomText (screen magnification)
- Modifiable screen colors
- Use of a reader, amanuensis, or a sign language interpreter
- Extended time
- Untimed rest breaks
If the above accommodations do not meet your needs, contact CLEP Services for information about other nonstandard options at clep@info. collegeboard.org or 800-257-9558
Steps to Take the Exam
- Create an Account on the CLEP website
- Select and pay for exam you wish to take
- Print registration ticket
- Call the SVCC Testing Center at (815)835-6530 to make your appointment
- Pay the $25 testing fee in the SVCC Business Office
- Bring registration ticket, Photo ID, and receipt from the Business Office to your appointment
$93 fee paid directly to CLEP and $25 fee paid to the SVCC Testing Center.