Crest Foods - MEIP Internship Description
Crest Foods Co., Inc. is a family owned and operated food manufacturing company that was established in 1946 and has grown to a company with about 650 full time employees. Its state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and offices are all located in Ashton, Illinois. Crest Foods has three divisions: The Ingredient Division, which is involved with stabilizers, emulsifiers, and other functional ingredients for dairy products. The Consumer Products Division, which formulates consumer products that are marketed through other companies. And the Contract Packaging Division, which manufactures dry food products for various customers on over 30 manufacturing lines.
Multicraft Interns will gain hands-on experience in all areas of the Contract Packaging Division Maintenance Department at Crest Foods while focusing on some of the following areas:
- Preventative Maintenance inspection. Learn what to look for in evaluating equipment for wear and potential failure.
- Equipment rebuilds. Learn how to disassemble, inspect and rebuild specific assemblies and components for equipment as well as take part in larger scale equipment rebuild/refurbishment.
- Troubleshooting. Apply some of the classroom theory and education they have gained in practical hands-on situations in a manufacturing environment.
- Panel building and equipment wiring. Gain experience in panel layout, building, wiring and installing.
- Opportunities to shadow mechanics and learn about how to not only apply the hard skills learned in the classroom but also the importance of soft skills in a manufacturing environment.