- Provide the necessary education and experiences in child development, educational theory, diversity, and community relations to prepare students for employment in the early childhood profession.
- Improve students’ theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to be successful teacher’s assistants, teachers, and administrators.
- Support student transfer and acceptance to accredited teacher preparation programs in Illinois
- Program standards and course objectives are aligned to:
- NAEYC Standards for Early Childhood Professional Preparation
- IL Gateways ECE and ITC credentials 2-4
- IL DCFS requirements for Early Childhood employment
- Illinois Professional Teaching Standards
Completion of the Associate of Applied Science degree in early childhood education and Illinois Gateways ECE Credential Level 4 will deem a student eligible for transfer into an ECE baccalaureate program at an Illinois public university with junior status. For additional information and requirements, please contact Advising.
|Early Childhood Education