- 2022-2023 Cost Sheet
All students interested in any nursing program at SVCC must satisfy the following criteria:
- Attend one General Nursing Information Meeting.
- Schedule an appointment with the SVCC Academic Advisor, Valerie Kern-Lyons, at 815-835-6204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
to develop an Application and Progression plan. Academic plans done in PSY 100 are not acceptable.
- Complete ATI TEAS Test.
- Active CNA certificate on file with IDPH with verification of work history, or documentation of successful completion of a state approved CNA program or NRS 121 within the last 2 years. Verification of passage of the certification exam is required. CNA work history verification can be documented via: tax records, payment stub, IDPH registry (if clinical updates are present) or a letter from the employer.
- Complete SVCC admission and placement process (svcc.edu/apply).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Fulfill English/Language Arts requirements by meeting program specific criteria. (The highest- level point standard achieved will be utilized. Applicants are encouraged to complete higher-level ENG courses without risk to points earned).
- Fufill Mathematics requirement by meeting program specific admission criteria:
- Four semesters of high school algebra or Math 3 with a grade of "C" or better within the last 5 years of when algebra was taken
- Placed into intermediate algebra (MAT 081 or MAT 106)
- Completed beginning algebra (MAT 075) for LPN or intermediate algebra (MAT 081) for ADN program
- Completed equivalent course at another college or university with a grade of "C" or better.
- Two recommendation forms must be submitted to the Dean of Health Professions before the designated deadline. It is required that the reference be from a professional source, i.e. employer, co-worker, supervisor, instructor, counselor. etc. Letters from family and/or friends will not be evaluated. You must make it clear to your reference that if they list you as a friend it will delay or may deny your application. All letters of recommendation should be mailed directly from the writer to the following address: Sauk Valley Community College, Dean of Health Professions, 173 IL Route 2, Dixon, IL 61021. (See page 16).
The general admission requirements and minimum Selection Requirements must be completed by March 1 of the year the applicant wishes to be admitted. A point system will be utilized to evaluate all qualified applicants. Once all eligible applicants have been evaluated and ranked, students will be admitted from the highest ranking to the lowest, until all spaces are filled. If there are more eligible candidates than there are spaces available, a waiting list will be developed. If the class is not filled, a second evaluation will be implemented after June 1. Students who apply after March 1st will be evaluated as spaces are available.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to include Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as a part of the admission process. If a student has a CGPA below 2.5, he/she needs to see a counselor or academic advisor to discuss options prior to applying to the nursing programs.
Students who have a CGPA below 2.5 do not qualify for admission. Students not qualifying for admission may choose to complete CSS 100 Student Success Skills with a C; or better prior to applying to either the ADN or LPN program.Following completion of CSS 100, you are not qualified for admission if your CGPA remains below 2.5.
In all cases, the decision to admit an applicant rests with the Admissions Committee.