We are excited to announce that SVCC is a recipient of the Growing Agriculture Science Teachers (GAST) grant!
As part of this funding, at least seven local high school students can take our online AGR 170 Introduction to Agriculture Education course free of charge. The grant is funded for three years and we will offer our first course in January. If you are interested and would like more information, please contact our dual credit staff or your high school counselor.
Seats will fill fast and classes start January 17th. Paid internship opportunities are also available through this course.
The primary mission of our Agriculture Department is to provide an excellent education to the future of our nation's farmers and providers.
If you have a passion for understanding how agriculture can move our nation forward and increasing your understanding of all the facets of developing land. This is a field that you're sure to enjoy.
SVCC For Agriculture
- The Ag Mechanics degree will prepare students to enter the workforce in Ag maintenance positions, general farm work, and even prepare students for mechanical fields outside of Agriculture.
- The Ag Production Technology A.A.S. degree and certificate prepare students for a variety of crop productions, and positions related to the support of production agriculture.
- The Ag Business A.A.S. degree prepares students to work in Ag lending, Ag sales, Ag economics, and farm business management.
- The Animal Science transfer degree prepares students for careers in livestock production, research, veterinary science, animal nutrition, and animal reproduction.
- The SVCC Ag Program will continue to grow and evolve to meet the ever changing technology and needs of the agriculture industry in the Sauk Valley area.
1 Agriculture Certificate
|Commercial sUAS (Drone) Pilot|
1 Commercial sUAS (Drone) Pilot Certificate